Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Last day in KK (day 4)

We made an effort to wake up early on our fourth and last day in Kota Kinabalu. Our flight back to Manila via AirAsia was at 1:40pm so we had the whole morning free.

As always, I spend my last day in any trip shopping. After our breakfast, we headed to the three malls in the city center – Warisan Square, KK Plaza, and CentrePoint, to do some last minute shopping. We did some solo shopping so we could maximize our time.

Kota Kinabalu is really not a shopping destination, well except for the Vincci shoes I hoarded and the outlet stores in Warisan Square like Roxy, Charles and Keith, Vincci, Quicksilver, to name a few.

i <3 SALE!!

Anna, the happy shopper
If you happen to be in the city on a Sunday, try going to the Gaya Sunday Market where you can buy local souvenirs and have a gastronomic experience with Malaysian food. Too bad, we missed that.

At around 12pm, we went straight to the airport. We were in a hurry that when it was my turn for immigration, I realized that I lost my departure card. Dang! The immigration officer was looking for it and I wasn’t sure where I exactly placed it. So yes, I was scolded by the IO thinking that it was my first time to travel out-of-the-country. I found my departure card in the pocket of my luggage after I arrived home. So much for the hassle.

We landed in Clark around 4pm and we immediately went to the Philtranco booth to purchase our tickets going to Manila. Home sweet home :) :(

I’m glad I made this trip. Be back next year to cross one of the things in my bucket list – to finally climb Mt. Kinabalu. So yeah be ready KK!

Can't take my eyes off you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment