Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Make-up model for a day

Since Erick moved to Singapore, I've been spending my weekends mostly at home. Occasionally, friends would invite for meet-ups but oftentimes I’m a homebuddy these days.
So when my good friend/officemate Shane asked me if I could be her model for her make-up class, I said yes. Since I really got nothing to do, I thought why not. It could be fun after all! Shane is taking up make-up class as a hobby but eventually she plans to do her own bridal make-up in her wedding in June. Isn’t that cool?

I’m no make-up person to be honest. I’m just a powder and lipstick girl. I found it a bit of an effort to do my own make-up. 

Shane did two make-up styles to me on that day: deep-set eyes and round eyes make-up. I really liked the round eyes make-up that Shane did. It was fun doing the make-up session since it's feels great to be all made-up once a while. I also learned the basic tips for applying make-up. I’m no make-up guru but I picked up some really good steps on how to do it.

1.    Choose the right shade of foundation for your face. It should be closer to your natural skin tone. To test it, apply a stroke of  it in your jawline or cheeks and not on your hand. The one that disappears naturally is the right shade for your face. 

Shane used a cream foundation during our make-up session. Using a foundation brush, she applied it on my face by dabbing it lightly. She focused on the usual dark areas of the face like under the eyes, nose, and around the lips.

2.    Apply eye primer on the your eyelids. Using your fingers slowly glide it in your lids. The eye primer ensures that the eyeshadows will stay on your lids.

3.    Apply powder evenly on your face with a powder brush. Find a powder that suits your skin tone.

4.    Using a fan brush, apply loose powder under the eyes just above the cheek. This is done to dust away anything that fell from your eyes and cheek during the make-up application. 

5.    Apply a medium shade eyeshadow on the eyelid up to the crease. Extend the shade to the outer eye corner and continue down the lower lid.

A darker eyeshadow should be applied above the crease of your eye.

Use a lighter eyeshadow somehow close to white or beige in the upper eye just below the brown bone.

For the session, Shane used brown and warm colors since it’s a day make-up. Also, I wanted it to look natrural since we were going somewhere after her class.

6.    Appy an eyeliner by lining the eye from the inside of the lashes outward in one big sweep. You may use a liquid eyeliner or gel eyeliner which is easier to use. 

7.    Curl your eyelashes  using a curler  and apply mascara. 

8.    Groom the eyebrows combing it using a spoolie brush. You can use a brow shadow or pencil to fill or connect the spaces between your brows. Use a lighter shade of brow shadow.

9.    Apply blush on your cheeks.

10.  Choose a good shade of lipstick to go with your look. And you're all set!


Here's what I looked like after the make-up class with Shane! Thanks girl :)

Make-up model for a day :)
There was one time that I did my own face for a friend’s wedding last December. The wedding was 9 in the morning so I had to prepare like 6am or 7am. There was no open salon during that time so I was forced to learn a simple bridesmaid make-up. Thanks to YouTube and Shane for the tips!

Simple bridesmaid make-up by moi :)
I'm learning few things about make-up day-by-day and I'm excited to learn more techniques and essentials when it come to make-up applications.  It's fun to be a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment