Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Staycation at Lancaster Hotel Manila

Happy New year everyone! I’m sure everyone has some kind of resolution for this year. Well goodluck to all of us! May we keep it through the rest of the year.

As for me, I only have two things on my list: growing my savings and finally do the career move. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. So yeah, sad to say travel isn’t in my resolutions for this year. But fret not because I know that I can’t resist my itchy feet. I will only travel if it’s on the budget. 

Having mentioned budget trips, we just had a staycation at Lancaster Hotel Manila. When I was still working in Ortigas Center,  I used to pass by this hotel on my way to work. It's conveniently located in Shaw Blvd. in Mandaluyong before you reach the flyover if you're coming from the Manila area. See I told you, I’m in for budget trips. It wasn’t really a trip; after all the hotel was just like 30 minutes away from our house. It was a staycation and provided a good change of environment.  Since my dad will be leaving again for abroad soon, we also caught up with some last minute family bonding time. It was supposed to be my mom and dad’s overnight trip but they insisted we join them and so we did.

We stayed in the junior suite which is basically a conventional studio-type room with small kitchen and bathroom. There was also a cable TV, fridge, telephone, and broadband access. The overnight stay package also includes free buffet breakfast and free newspaper delivered daily. 



We  managed to fit in this queen sized bed. My mom kept complaining how hard the bed is but I slept soundly all throughout the night.

 

The thing I like about the room is that it looks spacious although it was junior suite. There was also a fridge and a kitchenette where you can prepare your food and do some light cooking. 


From the mere look of the room, you can say it looks clean and spotless but I noticed that dust have accumulated at the bottom of the bed near the window. The room's glass windows are not that clean, you can see stains and dusts from the outside which obstructs the view. Despite this, our room still has good view of the Shaw flyover especially at night so you can see the road lights and traffic.

The bathroom is simple yet clean with a toilet and shower with bath tub, hair dryer, and all the basic toiletries that you need.
 
 

Honestly, I really didn’t  go out of the room during our whole stay. I was glued to the bed and just watched TV the whole time. It’s good to laze in a hotel bed once in a while. That’s the whole point of a staycation for me..sleep, watch TV, eat, and do nothing. So I can’t say much about the other facilities offered by Lancaster Hotel.  They pretty much have the usual facilities like the business center, function rooms, coffee shop, restaurants, swimming pool, roof deck, and spa which is soon to open. 

We checked the pool at the roof deck. We were thinking of swimming but found that the pool is only 3.5 feet deep; it was too shallow for adults like us. 


If you're looking for a hotel to stay with reasonable rates, decent rooms, and good location Lancaster Hotel fits the description. They offer promo rates for longer stay, so take advantage of it. Indeed, our stay was a time well-spent with the family although it meant more of snuggling closer in bed.

3 comments:

  1. I can see this hotel from my window. This is the nearest hotel from my place but I've been there just once. Hihi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how was the breakfast buffet at lancaster?

    ReplyDelete