Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

My two-day Singapore trip (day 2)

I woke up feeling energized for the day. We explored Universal Studios, Sentosa, and we watched Songs of the Sea which I missed the last time I was in SG.

We already purchased our USS tickets online to avoid the long lines in the counter. We realized we were a bit early for the opening of the park so we had first our traditional Singaporean breakfast at Toast Box in Vivo City.

my peanut butter kaya toast and coffee <3
We bought our tram tickets going to Sentosa and then headed directly to Universal Studios.

While at Universal Studios, here are some of the things we did..

Seriously, it was a challenge getting a solo pic at the globe

Our first stop was Hollywood Boulevard..

Hanging out by the bench

Still kids at heart, we were delighted to see the Shrek's ogre house and Princess Fiona's castle at Far Far Away. 

Knock knock
outside someone else's castle

Who likes to move it, move it? We do at Madagascar!

with friends from Madagascar

Welcome to Waterworld for an action-filled time. This was a definitely sensational show - with the great sound effects, explosions, and stunts, we felt that we are on an action movie.

Waterworld

Who would forget the movie Jurassic Park? If you're a Steven Spielberg loyal or an 80 or 90's baby, you must have watch this hit movie.

Dinosaurs run amok

And oh by the way, can I just say that we had a really delicious laksa for lunch at the Discovery Food Center. Ansarap!

Laksa for lunch. yummy!

After our lunch, we headed to Ancient Egypt where we rode the Revenge of the Mummy - a psychological roller coaster thriller ride. Two thumbs up for this ride for scaring the hell out of me.

Revenge of the Mummy

By afternoon, we’ve gone to most attractions and tried all the available rides. Too bad (or good -- because I'd wet my pants if I rode it hehe) Battlestar Galactica was still closed.

Galactica

I haven't been to New York so walking in these NY sidewalks was the next best thing. And yeah being up close and personal with Beetle Juice!

Beetle Juicin'

We also met Frankenstein on the way who strangled me.. hehe

HELP.......

My most favorite part of any tour is shopping for souvenirs :)

Can I just get this for free?

And how could I forget the Hershey’s Store in USS waiting for meeeee.
I so love Reese's. HEAVEN!

We headed to Sentosa afterwards to stroll around while waiting for the Songs of the Sea show. We rode the tram and dropped by Palawan Beach.

In Palawan Beach, you can find the suspension bridge to the southernmost point of Continental Asia.

Here!

We returned to the tram station by 7pm for the show. We managed to get good seats. I can't believe that I actually missed Songs of the Sea the last time I was there.

It was indeed a great and entertaining show. Coolness.


Seriously, don't miss it!

Really feeling dead tired, we got to the hotel around 9pm. We met some SG friends at Bugis to give them the liquors we bought at Duty Free. We were supposed to go to Mustafa Center to do some more pasalubong shopping since it’s open 24 hours but my feet couldn't walk anymore..boooo.

So we just stayed at the hotel and watched TV while nursing my tired feet.

In a few hours, I said goodbye to SG again. Whew, the weekend passed too quickly. Well, two days for a vacay is actually short. Time flies when you’re having fun!

See you soon SG, for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment