Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Splashin’ Weekend

It was my youngest sister Anne’s  birthday and she wanted to celebrate it on a swimming day trip. Since she loves the water and adventure, we went to Splash Island last Sunday to have some family time. Anne purchased our admission tickets at megadeals.ph where we got a whooping discount :)

Spash Island Spa & Resort in Binan Laguna is a 1 ½ hour travel from Manila. If you get lucky on Sundays, make it a 1 hour travel time. We left Manila around 7am and by 830am, we were already at the waterpark.

One happy family
It was my first time in Splash Island and to be honest I wasn’t expecting that I would enjoy the rides and the slides. I’m feeling  already old for that. Haha.. Boy I was wrong! I felt like a kid again, wanting to repeat some of the rides – Rio Montanosa, Magellan’s Drop, and Tausug Trails are my favorites.


Erick at Tausug Trails
I hated the King Pilipit slide. It gave me a headache. As the name suggests, the slide consists of twists and some are really big twists with the most parts of the slide covered.

Agos Grandes was fun too with its machine-generated waves. I just wish I could play with La Union or Baler’s real waves. But Agos Grandes’ waves compensated for now.

Agos Grandes without the waves hehe
After a day of repeating all the rides and climbing the high stairs to take the slides again and again (which wasn’t the fun part), floating on a rubber in the Balsa River was relaxing. 

happy day
Other fun slides include Water Wahoo, Big Bam Boo…

Kids love the Water Wahoo!
It was a fun-filled day with the fam. To top it all off, we had Max’s Chicken-all-you-can for dinner. Busog!

Chicken-all-you-can!
"Umay" from all the chicken eaten
H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y  bebe gurl!

No comments:

Post a Comment