Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

My two-day Singapore trip (days 0 and 1)



Because I love seat sale and traveling, I didn’t hesitate to book a promo SG-MNL ticket for nth time around. I originally planned on spending four whole days in Singapore for a short vacay. But because of work, I had to cut it down to two days. With a heavy heart, I re-booked my one way ticket to SG a day later than the original. Erick, my boyfriend, went to SG two days ahead of me and then we agreed that he would just meet me there. If there is any consolation, that would be the fact that it is actually my 3rd time in SG so I’ve gone to touristy places already.

It has been in the rumor mill that it was a bit of a challenge to go through Philippine immigration nowadays for SG-bound passengers because of the influx of Filipino job seekers posing as tourists heading to Singapore. I, myself, also was questioned at the immigration but I came prepared with my return ticket, hotel booking confirmation, and it wasn’t my first to go to SG. The supposedly 9:30pm flight was delayed and our plane arrived at the Budget Terminal of Changi Airport almost 1am. I dropped by the Duty Free to buy some liquor as requested by SG friends because it is tax-free and thus cheaper. Erick was already there to fetch me up at the airport.
Erick's first time in SG and on a solo travel
We arrived almost 2am in our hotel in Bugis. We had to pay a bit extra because of the night rate. We finally settled around 2am hoping to catch some zzzzzzs to recharge for my first real day in SG.             
                                
On my first real day, we had Kampong Glam and Haji Lane on the morning itinerary. Good thing it was just a short walk from where we stayed. In no time, we were in Kampong Glam. I entered the Sultan Mosque wearing a robe because I was wearing tight and really short shorts.  
Sultan Mosque
We spent a few minutes inside and then went out to take some pictures of the mosque. Along Bussorah St., there are souvenir shops and the Children Little Museum which was still closed.
One of the many shops along Bussorah St.
We stopped by Haji Lane – which is a small lane of boutiques and clothing stores of independent designers in Singapore. I like the vibe of this quirky lane. Shops open around noon so if you’re planning to go, the best time would be after lunch.

Although this was only a 2-day trip, I was in no rush to see all the new places in Singapore. We toured on our own pace which made me appreciate the sights more.

From Bugis MRT. we rode the train to City Hall.  We were not yet hungry so we decided to go to Funan IT Mall to check the latest gadgets released. Passing along some restos made my stomach growl, so I gave in and had my first real meal of the day.

After our meal, we headed to Chijmes to look for a coffee shop when the rain started pouring. Dang! Good thing I have an umbrella.

We caught the bus going to Orchard or so I thought. I realized that it wasn’t heading to Orchard when it made its turn in the outskirts of the city..We went as far as Tiong Bahru and Redhill. We were lost but it was all part of this trip. Finally, the bus went back to the city. The 10-minute bus ride to Orchard Road became an hour bus ride.
Joyride
While in Orchard, we checked Ion Orchard, Wisma Atria, and yes even Lucky Plaza to exchange pesos to SGD and buy Singapore perfumes. We lost track of time and before I know it was almost 5pm. Time to go back my hotel to freshen up for the night.
At Ion Orchard

Our agenda for the night is Merlion Park which I’ve seen a number of times already but I don’t mind seeing again. And yes, I wanna see Marina Bay Sands and Esplanade at night.

Rode the train again from Bugis to City Hall and changed to red line to Marina Bay.
Merlion and MBS at night
We had dinner at Makansutra just at the back of Esplanade.
Tiger beer and sorry I forgot the name of the noodles hehe
We decided to walk again to Merlion Park and then we rode the river taxi going to Clarke Quay. We were the only ones in the boat which was great :)
Water taxi ride to CQ
We spent a few minutes in Clarke Quay and just went around. We aren't in the mood to drink since I was already tired from our walking spree.
Eh mas magaling pa ako dito sumayaw eh! chos

We are Cinderellas and taxis are darn expensive in SG. So we rode the last train from Clarke Quay going to Bugis.

Goodnight Sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment