Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

I'm back!

It's been two months since I last wrote in my blog. I was on blog hiatus to accomplish bigger priorities in my life. That is to find a job here in Singapore. For almost two months, I devoted my time jobhunting to find that dream job here and I am happy to say, I succeeded. I was offered a job by a reputable MNC here and guess what? It’s exactly the same job I had in Manila! Yey. 

Getting the offer was no easy breezy especially if you’re a foreigner in Singapore. Getting your pass approved by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) is another nerve –wracking experience. Filipinos who want to work here should know that MOM is stricter in approving new and even renewing work passes for foreigners. My company applied for my pass this Wednesday and it was approved just yesterday morning. Whew! I didn’t expect that it would be that quick nor it would be approved at all given the current situation. Thank God! God is good. 

Photobucket

So yeah, streetsmartgirl will be in Singapore for a while. Will be posting soon about my adventures and (mis)adventures in the Lion City. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You should share the process of finding a job there. :D My husband and I have been thinking of a change of setting- but we have no idea where to begin.

    Coffee With Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis! I'm gonna write my experience soon :)

    ReplyDelete