Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Second day in Bangkok: Chao Phraya Dinner Cruise

And here comes my favorite part…the highlight of our second day – buffet dinner cruise aboard Chao Phraya Princess.

It was also my birthday so I was looking forward to dining out with Erick and my girlfriends. Earlier that day, we had a last-minute booking at Seven Stars Travel Agency for the cruise. The dinner cruise was THB 1000. It was cheaper  than booking it online or by reserving thru phone. Prices range from THB 1200-1600. Probably, the travel agency gets bulk discount.

As soon as we arrived from our Chatuchak shopping, we claimed our boarding tickets at the travel agency. At 5pm, a van would pick us up and bring us to the boarding area for the dinner cruise.

We only had two hours to spare and I am dead tired from walking in Chatuchak. When I finally managed to take a shower and get dressed, it was almost 5pm.  I was really excited because for the first time we aren’t running after the time. We don’t need to worry about the directions and all sorts. Hassle-free for the birthday girl :)

All prep
The van fetched us a little more than 5pm and we arrived in the docking area quarter to 6 just enough to have our pictures taken in our nice dresses :) 

Roses and thorn
We boarded Chao Phraya Princess IV at exactly 6pm and was seated at the top roof deck. I liked the location of our table. Besides the fact that its location is very strategic to the buffet table, we also had an unobstructed view of the Chao Phraya River stretch. Yihee. 

Chao Phraya Princess IV
There was a wide array of food selection..Chinese, Thai, Japanese, and Western cuisine. They all have it there. Just by looking at all the dishes made me full. I don’t really have a big appetite. I focused more on the dessert table. I love desserts! Pastries, chocolates, cakes, fruits, sweet salad..weee love it.

Buffet food



Dessert comes first :)
I finished eating in less than an hour and went to the open deck solo since Erick is still enjoying the buffet. I took some pictures of the temples we passed by – Wat Arun which we missed on our first day and all the other temples. Little did I know that my friends were cooking up something for me.



views aboard Chao Phraya Princess
The whole dinner cruise lasted two hours. We spent the rest of our time chatting, taking pictures, and just enjoying each other’s company. At the end of our dinner cruise, the singer/host suddenly asked everyone to sing a happy birthday for meee.. Whattt?????????????? I'm really not into surprises that involved everyone’s attention. What a surprise from Erick and my friends!! So the host went to our table and told me to blow the candle on a cake as they sang HBD for me.. Thank you dear friends!

What can i say? But thank you :)
After our dinner cruise, we were dropped off in our hotel. I promised my friends that I would treat them to a relaxing foot massage at the hotel spa. We’ve been walking non-stop for 2 days already and our feet need some lovin' too.

Foot massage for the ladies
And that ends our day :)

5 comments:

  1. ang sarap sumakay ng bangka along chao phraya,ang daming makikita.you can also observe the locals go about their daily lives.did you try cruising the river during the day?sana inakyat nyo ang wat arun ang ganda ng view from the tower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. Its a great place for the trip. Dhow cruise dubai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Entertaining Blog with pics, info and I have added feed in hunt for some extra posts.Dinner Cruise on the Bosphorus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have the contact for Seven Stars Travel Agency? Many thanks if you could help

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete