Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The V-day post


Happy V-day everyone! How did you spend the day? Whatever you’re relationship status, I hope you had a great time as much as I feel happy about today.

As you probably know, my boyfriend isn’t here in Manila for us to spend the V-day together. If we we’re together, we would probably have a dinner date. He’d give me flowers and chocolates which is the very usual thing to do. Erick's not here but we always find time to rekindle our romance.

He's in Singapore and I'm in Manila but thank God for YM, Facebook, Skype, snail mail, being in a LDR doesn’t seem so hard these days. But of course, there’s still a feeling that you’d wish that your loved one is just beside you. Ayt?

Well anyways, for now we’re gonna have to be satisfied with this set-up. It won’t be long anyway until we will be together again :P

Since we are exactly 1486.24 miles apart (yes I googled that), we've find ways to keep the passion alive through small ways that really means big when you're in a LDR. 

Unlimited Texting/Emails

Mundane as it may seem, regularly texting and sending funny emails to each other helps ease the loneliness caused by being apart. I love waking up in the morning and seeing that there’s 1 message received in my phone. It makes me thankful and happy that everyday I’m being reminded that I’m loved.

Skype date/YM

Photobucket

We regularly talk on skype every chance we get like almost everyday. It helps a lot in updating how our day went by and if we have stories to share. It’s nice to see the face of your loved one while he is telling something. I’d die for the facial expressions Erick makes like the butterfly kisses and funny faces when we’re on Skype. It’s also heartwarming to say goodnight to my love over video chat.

Sometimes, we’d eat together while video chatting. He’d show me his food and make me feel envy. I do that a lot too. I make him feel “inggit” when I’m eating home-cooked and Filipino food like chicharon, balut, and mangoes. 

Since I am such a show-off sometimes, I would show my recent purchases from a shopping spree- may it be a dress, shoes, accessories. Sometimes I would try a dress and ask him if the dress fits me right or it looks good on me.

Just recently, we tried to sing a song to each other. I asked him what’s his song for me and I let him sing it. Erick has such a soulful voice that makes me feel giddy. Hihi.

Sending gifts

We missed celebrating special occasions together like his birthday, Christmas, New Year, and V-day. It would be understandable not to send gifts anymore since it’s impractical. But believe that these small gestures make up for not being present during these important events.

On his birthday, I sent him a snail mail, an online groupcard, and a surprise cake delivered. There was no way I can bear the thought that he will be celebrating his birthday solo so I thought of these ideas.

Photobucket


Erick, on the other hand, sent me gifts by purchasing vouchers from groupon sites. Yey. This V day, he gifted me vouchers for a chocolate cake, a pampering deal of facial or diamond peel and massage, and a zarape. He admits that I'm the person who is quite challenging to be given a gift. I appreciate his efforts to think of something that I'd probably like because I knew he's really not used to that.
 
Photobucket

Helping out each other

Since he's on his own now, he is forced to cook a meal to save him money. Eating out in SG is expensive unless you stick hawker food. I know he's a bit challenged when it comes to cooking because he only volunteers to taste the food or wash the dishes afterwards when we cook at home. He asked me to give him some simple recipes to try. I insisted he cook at least one dish. So far, he's cooked adobo..uhmmm love what else?

Erick also helps me in some of my work like creating project covers (when I'm too lazy), making my blog banner, troubleshooting my laptop, phone, and camera problems. Oftentimes, he is my support system and he always motivating me to do well in just everything. He's my number 1 blog follower.

Planning out travels

We both love traveling! I think I've influenced him to appreciate traveling more.

hk
Hongkong is on our top travel list
Although travel is not in our to-dos this year, we'd list down the countries we wanna go to in the future. I just really pray that our plans will go as planned this year so we can finally fulfill our travel fantasies real soooooon! 

Keeping the love despite the distance is challenging but I think if you want your relationship to work out, you will always strive to make it more exciting by doing these small gestures. These small things means a lot when you're keeping a LDR. 

5 comments:

  1. Aww.. This is such a sweet post.. :) I hope you and Erick will have an even stronger relationship. I admire the both of you for keeping each other despite the obstacles. Happy Valentine's! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sumi! i guess when you really think that a relationship is worth it - may it be a LDR or not, you will make ways to make it work. Hope you had a great V-day too :)

      Delete
  2. Hi there ! Im Vivi , wife of Ericks roommate. Anyway, im a witness to your exceptional efforts showcasing your love for him. Last Christmas, Pizzahut delivered straight to Eric here in SG from Manila your surprise gift. Probably, it was the best pizza Eric had ever tasted in his entire life( really yummy, my son had a slice ). Talk about effort , that's really sweet of you. More power to you both and Happy Vday !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi vivi! Thanks for your kind words. I'm really touched :) Although we haven't met personally, I heard some nice things about you. I'm also happy that you and your hubby are finally together in SG. I know you've been also in a LDR and I admire women who are able to handle such relationship. Hope to meet you in the future! :)

      Delete
  3. ohh how sweet! Long distance is hard and congrats you two are keeping it up and going strong!

    ReplyDelete