Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Touchdown CDO and Canopy Walk and Zipline (Day 1)

I’ve always wanted to go to Mindanao and I’m happy to say that my first time in Mindanao was in Cagayan de Oro in Misamis Oriental. As always, we got a  promo fare from Cebu Pacific for a MNL-CDO flight which costed us Php1500. Not bad eh?!

We took the first flight to CDO at around 4am. I was surprised that plane was not full and we literally had the plane to ourselves. Well, at least the front rows.. As soon as the ‘fasten seatbelt’ signed has been turned off, we transferred to other vacant seats. After almost an hour, we finally landed at CDO Airport.

Touchdown CDO
We checked in to our no-frills hostel, Mass Specc, and left our luggages. We got the family room complete with four single beds, bathroom, aircon, and TV. We booked our zipline and white water rafting adventure with Kagay Adventures. We paid Php900/each for both activities and transportation. Our time is 7am near the plaza.

Our adventure started with canopy walk and zipline at Macahambus Adventure Park.

Gearing up
First on the list is canopy walk. Canopy walk is actually walking in a suspension bridge connected between trees. These very tall trees are said to be hundred years old. If you look down, you will realize how tall the trees are.  

Canopy walk
Feeling confident
To go back to where we started, we had to zipline. Well, this is the part I wasn't feeling confident!

Bombs away!

The ride took less than a 30 seconds! So before I can even shout, I was already in the platform. Canopy walk and zipline: Check!

Obviously, this activity left us unscathed. Little did we know that we're off to a greater adventure - white water rafting!


*One of my goals for my blog this year is to write all my travel posts since I started travelling. This is a backlog post. To the best of my memory, I've written this CDO post which happened in 2009. Better late than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment