Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Scoring Great Deals at the Philippine Travel Mart 2011

So last weekend, we went to the Philippine Travel Mart to see what we can buy. Erick was actually sick but still went to see the travel expo. Thanks love! The last time we went to a travel fair, we were able to get a good deal at La Carmela de Boracay. It was a 3D/2N stay with daily breakfasts plus 1night free. So we were really looking forward to get a value deal from one of the participating resorts and hotels. 



And we were not disappointed!

We’ve always wanted to stay at Thunderbird Poro Point in La Union when my bestfriend, Yana, arrives from Dubai for her vacay. It’s dubbed as the Santorini of the north. So while we don’t have a budget (just yet) for the real Santorini in Greece, we’ll be more than satisfied to experience Thunderbird Poro Point has to offer.

We booked a one night stay for 2 deluxe bedrooms since we will be 6-8 in the group. They only allow a maximum of 4 persons in one room. And yes, we got a 10% discount on the rooms.


Since we will be staying on a weekday, we got the rate of Php5998 plus 10% discount. That’s Php 5390. We had to add Php2000 for the two extra persons (with breakfasts) staying in the room. Yey!

There were really a lot of tempting deals at the travel mart including discounts offered by various hotels here in Manila. Really whooping discounts that made me want to book’em all! I wish! They’re actually cheaper than Agoda. I took advantage of this and I booked an overnight stay at a hotel in Makati for my birthday. Woot woot!

I can’t wait for October! And yeah, I want a repeat of this!

White water rafting!!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great deal! My mom and I also went to the Travel Mart last Saturday. We got Corregidor tickets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice Karla :) Enjoy your Corregidor trip and don't forget to join the Malinta Tunnel Lights and Sound Show.

    ReplyDelete