Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Burger Project

For our foodie project, this time let's talk about burger and fries! As I mentioned in my previous post, Erick and I are on the challenge of trying all the restos near our offices in Ayala Center, Makati. We're also on the lookout for new food and restos to try. 

CBD (Cheesesteaks Burgers and Drinks)

If you’re craving for burger and fries, look far no more because there's CBD. It’s conveniently located in the Ayala Triangle Gardens, perfect for those after wok meet-ups with friends. This burger joint is also one of our favorites besides that it is near our offices, it offers a good ambiance and moderate prices food in their menu. 

The ambiance is like the usual burger joints with big LCD screen tvs showing your fave sports channel. Here, you eat while watching tv  and lounge in their comfy couches.

CBD interiors
I tell you what’s are usual orders at CBD.

I usually order their CBD Burger with quarter pound pure and beef patty and their French Fries Original. The patty is tenderly cooked and juicy up to the last bite. 

CBD Burger + Shoestring fries
Their fries remind me of New York Fries and Dip (NYFD) without the dip because of its taste and fine cuts.

Leftover fries and a heart
I don’t have such big appetite and for a pocket-sized like me, the burger + fries combo never fails to make me full!

Erick usually order their Hickory Smoked Beef Brisket made from Angus beef. The meal already includes rice and coleslaw siding. This one too is one of CBD’s signature meals. The food presentation is nothing really to rave about but the food is..

Hickory Smoked Beef Brisket
I haven’t tried this yet but they have a local beer promo. For 35 bucks, you can get one local beer from 4-7pm daily. Sounds like a happy hour must be planned in the coming weeks. 
35 on all local beers!

ArmyNavy

Just last week, we tried ArmyNavy in Makati. I’m not so sure of the street because we kept on walking to find a place for dinner until we saw ArmyNavy. I think it's somewhere at the back of Robinsons Summit Building. I gotta ask Erick for the exact street. The place wasn’t packed yet at 7pm which was good.


Aside from burgers, ArmyNavy also offers burritos, soft tacos, quesadillas, and fried chicken on their menu. 

I ordered the ArmyNavy burger, which I think is their most basic burger. This classic burger is made with natural beef patties, then topped with fresh and crispy lettuce, tomato slices, mayo, and ketchup. The burger itself is already good and juicy and I loved their Sesame Seed Kaiser Bun. The moment I took my first the bite, I instantly tasted that their bun was good.


Of course, I wouldn’t miss ordering their Freedom Fries.


We also had ArmyNavy’s Libertea which is like Wendy’s famous lemon iced tea.

Erick had their Starving Sailor meal in steak. The moment he got his order, he couldn’t help but comment how huge the burger is.. just right for a starving sailor! I took a bite and it also tasted delicious and the overloading cheese definitely added more flavor.


One thing that I didn’t like about ArmyNavy is their service. It really took a long time for our order to be ready, We waited like almost 20 minutes for our food. Considering that the burger joint is a self-service establishment, they should be more quick in preparing the food. I noticed that one customer complained about ArmyNavy's slow service because they’ve been sitting there for 45 minutes and their order is not yet complete.

But for the quality of food and price, I am a satisfied ArmyNavy customer. 

Brothers Burgers


We have dined at Brother Burgers several times in Convergys Building in Ayala Ave. For me, Brothers Burgers still tops my list as my number #1 burger joint.

Last weekend, I was browsing through the net what activities Ericka and I could do for the weekend. I happen to browse that there was a Mega Food Sale happening at the Megamall that particular weekend. I checked on the participating stores and learned that Brothers Burgers was one of them. So off we went!

Brothers Burger promo was a 50% discount on the Big Brothers Burger (1/2 lb) for dine-in and take-out from 2-6pm. Since, it was 50% off, the half pound burger is only Php97.50. Yay!

We arrived there exactly 5:15 pm. The line was long. But since we were there already, we decided to take advantage of the promo.

Erick and I both order the Big Brothers half pound burger. This half pound burger is flame-grilled and weighs around 200 grams. It was topped with lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, and mayo.

Although we waited a bit long for our order to arrived, I was ecstatic to eat the half pound burger. Unfortunately, we forgot to take some pictures because we were starving already. Photos are grabbed from Brothers Burgers website.

Here's what we had.



We ordered finger foods like Brother French Fries and onion rings and iced tea to go with our food.


This blog post is making me really hungry now, seriously.. especially in this stormy weather..

2 comments:

  1. i have loved army navy and brothers burgers.. it's time to try CBD. thanks for this post!
    saw your blog through GT, sis, and you may check out my blog at http://thejaggedbarn.blogspot.com/ thanks!

    ReplyDelete