Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Loads of fun at Star City

Last weekend, my college friends and I went to Star City for some fun time. Quite honestly, I am never a fan of amusement parks especially here in the Philippines after hearing tragic death stories and yes having watched the movie Final Destination really makes me paranoid. I just can’t help it! But with my friends' insistence, I decided to go anyway. I wanted to catch up with them also since I haven’t seen them for quite a while.

We met at Star City around 3pm and we immediately purchased our tickets. Ru and I bought the Ride-All-You-Can (RAYC) at Php 350 while my other friend Kim wanted to play lazer blaster so she had the package of RAYC + 1 game of lazer blaster at Php 410. 

Here are some of the rides we tried:

Star Flyer

Photobucket

I underestimated this ride. I thought it was just like a normal roller-coaster ride but hell not. It is an inverted roller-coaster ride that would actually throw your legs up in the air.
The way the ride attendant secured our seat belts, I knew this was one of the rides that I dreaded. Sure it was! The speed was just so fast that everything was a blur. When I’m scared and don’t want to see what will happen next, I shut my eyes. So you can say that my eyes were shut all throughout the ride although I can feel the intensity of the ride by the screams of others and my feet literally up in the air. Good thing it was just a 1-minute ride!

Surf Dance

Photobucket

I love surfing! That’s why I keep coming back to La Union for surfing. The Surf Dance is a gondola ride which is about the height of a 5-storey building. The ride swings you upwards, downwards, and sideways just like the waves. Looks easy but it ain’t.

Viking 

Photobucket

If you’ve been to Enchanted Kingdom, I assume you’ve tried the Anchors Away ride which is a pirate ship that swings backward and forward; the Viking pirate ship is a similar one except that it is an indoor ride. 
Taking this ride may seem so & so but you will really feel your gut sort of hanging in the air when the ship swings its way.

Grand Carousel
 
Photobucket


Now, who wouldn’t love the carousel? I’m sure everyone enjoyed riding it as a kid. It’s  both for the young and the young-at-heart.

Balloon Wheel 

Photobucket

If you’re looking for a ride to lull you down after all the exhilarating rides, it’d be the balloon wheel. It is a giant ferris wheel that offers a panoramic view of the city especially at night.

Pirate Adventure 
Photobucket

The Pirate Adventure is the newest attraction in Star City. I really liked the pirate theme. The attraction consists of a boat ride where you will see the adventures of the pirates in life sized moving statues.

There are lots of rides to try at Star City both for young and young-at-heart.  There are also other rides to enjoy such as the Jungle Splash, Tornado, Dragon Expess, Bumper Cars, Bumpier Boats,  Jumping Star, Blizzard and a number of horror house and many more.

Photobucket

If you're looking for weekend getaway not far from Manila and pocket-friendly, I think visiting Star City is a great idea. It offers fun and excitement that will surely keep you screaming at the top of your lungs with their adventure rides. 

Star City Amusement Park
Sotto St., CCP Complex Roxas Blvd.
Pasay, Manila Philippines 

+632 833-4483
+632 6899 3496

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for providing us all with valuable information. I enjoy your article, and everyone you communicate with us is fully up to speed and therefore quite enlightening; I'd also want to read later the blog because I can come here and read you again, since you've done an excellent job.
    Undine Match the Pic
    Tennis Guys
    Age Wars Idle
    Fun Balloon Pop

    ReplyDelete