Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Take me to the beach!

Summer is officially on! I can’t help but daydream about going to the beach these days, just daydreaming because I really haven’t got any plans to hit the beach this summer. Erick and I will be on a quick beach getaway when I visit him in Singapore this coming Holy Week. *fingers crossed*. Well that’s another story.

I’ve always been a budget traveler and I've been to many beaches here in the Philippines but most of them are on a budget trip. But of course, given the moolah and all, I would love to explore some of the luxury beaches in country. After all, the best beaches in the world are here!

Here are some beaches I am dying to go to:

El Nido Resort, Palawan

Photobucket

When I hear the word "Palawan”, pristine beaches are the first things that come to my mind next to the Puerto Princesa Underground River. I’ve been to Puerto Princesa, Palawan and we have toured the Underground River, Honda Bay, and Sabang Beach. This beach vacation with the family was super relaxing and fun that I want to go to back to Palawan, but this time in the luxurious El Nido Resort. For budget-conscious travelers, staying in El Nido town and going on island hopping is an option but I want to experience the white sand, blue waters, and luxury accommodation El Nido Resort offers.

 
Photobucket


El Nido Resort have combined a luxurious hotel experience and a private and secluded beach. Most upscale resorts provide the best accommodation but lacked in beach quality. When visiting in El Nido, you can choose from the four island resorts in which you will stay in: Apulit, Lagen, Miniloc, or Pangalusians islands or alternatively you can choose to stay 1 night on each of the island. How beach lovely is that!

Photobucket

Palawan is truly a paradise found!


Bellarocca Island and Resort Spa, Marinduque

Photobucket
 

Bellarocca is located in Marinduque and sits on an island with an overlooking view of the blue sea and clear skies. I first came to know about Bellarocca when an exclusive deal site offered a very tempting deal for a 3D/2N stay. Upon seeing the resort pictures, I was awed by the Santorini-inspired architecture of the resort. After all, it’s not often that you find a Greek inspired architecture here in the Philippines.

Photobucket

The accommodations are really lovely. Private villas have their own infinity pool and outdoor jacuzzi. Who can resist the charm and privacy offered by Bellarocca?

Photobucket

I'm not completely sure if the beach is recommended for swimming. I heard that the beach is rocky. There are water sports activities to try though such as windsurfing, jet ski, water skiing, etc. Or you can just lock up in your room and laze in the king-size bed or better yet lounge in your private pool as you sip your cocktail and enjoy the view of Mt. Malindig. This is the life!



Club Tara Beach Resort, Siargao Island

Photobucket

Siargao is known as the Cloud 9 for its humungous surfing waves. I guess every surfer wannabe dreams to go to Siargao. I heard there are surfing spots for beginners which is cool. Well aside from being the surfing capital of the Philippines, Club Tara Beach Resort is also found in Siargao.

The resort is located in one of the Bucas Grande Islands also known as the Sohoton National Park. The islands are a hidden gem with some white sand beaches undiscovered and wonderful snorkeling spots.

The cottages stand on the water surrounded by 6-8 islets. Staying in one of their jacuzzi villas would be so relaxing with the view of the green sea.


Photobucket

                                    
    Misibis Bay, Bacacay, Albay

Photobucket

A Bicolana myself, it’s a shame that I haven’t gone to Misibis Bay which is dubbed as a luxury island playground. To be quite honest, I didn’t find the resort enticing at first because I knew that the white sand beach is artificial. Hehe Beaches in Albay are all black sand because of Mt. Mayon.


Photobucket


However, the resort has been in the spotlight since it opened which made me curious. After all, having born and grown in the province I want to know what this little island has to offer. A beach trip could be planned, it's just an hour trip by land and ferry transfers anyway.

Take me to the beacccccch! 

PS: All the photos are taken from each of the resorts' websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment