Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Fourth day in Bangkok: Bangkok shopping is love (Part II)

We spent our last day in Bangkok SHOPPING!

By 8-9am, we were already on our way to the shopping malls. It was really convenient that we booked our accommodation in the Pratunam area since it is a shopping area in itself and it’s quite near from the other malls. We've done a bit of shopping in between our tours but on our last day, we wanted to shop to the max until our feet can still walk and our pockets can still afford it.

It's dress day for the girls..passing by the colorful tiger faces (they're actally huge recycle bins!)

Our first stop is MBK (Mahboonkrong) in National Stadium Station. MBK boasts as the most visited shopping center in Bangkok with eight floors and more than 2,500 shops and stalls. The mall has various stalls similar to Greenhills/St. Francis Square and they have their own department store and supermarket, Tokyu.

I bought lots of stuff in MBK as usual. I chanced upon really nice office bags sold at factory prices. I bought a gray bag which I often get compliments from co-workers. It’s just a really simple and no-frills office bag yet classy. Haha if they only knew how much was it. And I can vouch for the quality as well. I also bought a mustard-colored bag for my mom and she liked it too. 

MBK, here we are!
I love shoes especially flats so I didn’t hesitate to buy a pair of gray flats which suits most of my office clothes. Erick, on the other hand, bought a BodyGlove polo shirt. I didn’t know that it was a branded shirt until he told me. hehe

Another thing that I wanted to buy in Bangkok was meds – supplements to make my skin clearer and whiter. A pack is sold here in Manila at Php 600 was only THB 220 (Php 330) in Watsons in MBK. So I bought enough to last for the next six months. True enough, as my friend told me medicines are a lot cheaper in Bangkok.

We transferred to the nearby malls – Siam Center and Siam Paragon via the elevated walkway. Both malls are on the high-end scale selling branded stuffs.

Strolling around Siam Center


In Siam Paragon now
At Siam Paragon, Converse sneakers are sold equivalent to Php 1500+. Whoa. Even other branded stuff are sold cheaper here. Thank goodness, the Wacoal underthings I bought in Platinum are same-priced in Siam Paragon or else I’d feel really bad.

Chucks!
To sum it all up. Shopping in Bangkok is something you must be prepared of. From walking, haggling, and looking for the best deals. You will never run out of things to buy in Bangkok but surely your cash will disappear in less than an hour.

Shop til' you drop!

No comments:

Post a Comment