Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Third day in Bangkok: Bangkok shopping is love (Part 1)


Bangkok is a paradise when it comes to shopping.

We devoted the rest of our afternoon to shopping after we had our elephant zoo tour. We asked the driver to drop us off at Platinum Mall in Pratunam.

Welcome to Platinum Mall!
From there, my girlfriends and I decided to shop separately and agreed we would just meet at the main entrance of the mall. 



Platinum mall floor map
Armed with my desire to find the best bargains, Erick and I started scouring the fourth floor of  Platinum Mall. When shopping in Bangkok, start with the topmost floors first because they sell cheaper than those in the ground floor.

My first buys are the Wacoal underthings for moi and my mom. I was really planning on buying Wacoal in Bangkok because it’s a lot cheaper. Good thing that we instantly spotted the Wacoal store because I wanted to purchase them first before I spend my money on clothes and bag.

Wacoal is cheaper in Bangkok
I got really excited because they were really less expensive in Bangkok than in Manila. I bought five all in all; two for my mom and three for me. It all amounted to THB 2800 and for every five items or more bought, I got at 10% discount. So make it THB 2520. If you convert that to peso that’s Php3600 (Php1 = THB1.43). Yey. One Wacoal bra here in Manila costs around Php1000 –up. What a huge savings!

To sum it up, I bought the following: 3 long necklaces and 1 pair of dangling heart earrings – perfect accessories for office and night-outs, 2 high-waisted shorts, 2 sheer blouses,1 red-striped blazer, 2 belts, and 1 floral dress. What else? And yeah 5 Wacoal bras. That’s about it. More shopping the next day for sure!

Caught in the act shopping
We spent around four hours in the mall until closing. Malls in Bangkok close a bit early around 7pm, at least Platinum. 

We were kinda broke so we decided to just buy streetfood for dinner and then watched a movie later that night.

1 comment:

  1. which mall in bangkok did u bought wacoal?

    ReplyDelete