Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Second day in Bangkok: Chatuchak Weekend Market

Since it was my birthday, we decided to spend the day more relaxed and within our pace. Too much walking from the Grand Palace and temple tour was really exhausting. 

It was shopping day for us. It was Saturday. so we went to Chatuchak (Jatujak) Weekend Market.  We left My Hotel around 9am. This time, we learned that Rajchathewi BTS Station is a short walk from our hotel and we no longer need to pass by the railroad. Via Rajchathewi, we travelled until we reached the last station – Mo Chit. While we were nearing Mo Chit Station, we finally saw from the train the infamous Chatuchak Market. Oh boy, we didn’t know that it was really huge as in HUGE. It’s that huge that we even lost Abby and Tata while shopping. It runs from one BTS station to another. Imagine that.

Chatuchak is the world’s largest weekend market. The market is home to more than 15,000 shops and stalls. You name it they have it.

I love shopping!!!

Yes, I bought the dresses.
Going through each of the stall is crazy. There will never be enough time to check all the stores. So I suggest before raiding Chatuchak study the map first. Select which areas you want to go like ladies clothes, bags, shoes, etc. The stalls are grouped according to the products. Here!


Jatujak maps
I bought dresses, shirts, Bangkok souvenirs, and skirts. I even got myself a portrait of a pink beetle car with the Grand Palace and the temples as a background. Really cool and perfect for my new room.

In Chatuchak, we also tasted the best Thai iced tea on our whole stay in Bangkok. If only, we could buy some more.

We agreed to meet at Mo Chit Station around 2pm because the van will pick us up for the Chao Praya dinner cruise at around 5pm. 

Four hours of shopping ain’t enough! 

Tired but happy :) or should I say broke but happy

1 comment: