Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

A day at IKEA


So finally, I had to chance to visit IKEA not just once but twice. We visited both stores in Alexandra Road and Tampines. We were supposed to buy Erick’s stuff in IKEA Alexandra but decided against it since it was a long commute from there to his house so we went to IKEA Tampines the next day which is one bus ride away.

IKEA is everyone’s happy place, I must say – from furniture shopping to food!

I’ve been hearing good things about IKEA food so we first tried their Swedish meatballs and the salmon since we got there lunch time.


 

Photobucket
Swedish meatballs

Photobucket
Salmon
 You wouldn't miss IKEA because of its blue and yellow building color.


Photobucket
IKEA in Alexandra Road
 Once you're inside, you will be delighted with all the stuff that you will see. There are lots of home  inspiration and ideas that you'll want to do in your own home -  from bedroom to the kitchen. 

When I saw the room below, I knew that it's the type of room I wanna have. The room itself was simple yet stylish. The space was maximized by using a divider between the bedroom and the closet.  And most of all, I loved it because there was a walk-in closet where I can stuff all my clothes and shoes :) 

Photobucket
Main bedroom
I really want to have a walk-in closet in my future home.  I especially loved the walk-in closet and adjoining bath and tub here.

Photobucket
Dresser and walk-in closet
I also loved this another space which is typically suitable for a condo unit. The space is re-invented and maximized. You wouldn't feel that you're living inside a shoebox space. Haha.

Photobucket
Living room and dining room all in one space

Photobucket
What's cookin' house-band?
And finally, here's the bedroom. I think this unit is perfect for those living solo and young couples.


Photobucket
the bedroom
 I wouldn't leave IKEA without buying something. If I could just buy some stuff for my room and ship them all to Manila, I would. But IKEA food is the most I can take home. So chocolate bars for moi!
 
Photobucket
IKEA chocolate bars
IKEA, I will surely come back!

2 comments:

  1. Wish there will be an IKEA in the Philippines too. Would love to buy a vanity table from there. Love the dresser and walk-in closet too! And how can I just ignore those food.. They look so delish! :)

    ReplyDelete